The Apartment Community of Our Lady of the Snows earned the Belleville News-Democrat’s Reader’s Choice designation of Best Retirement Community in the Metro-East for 2017—more than 5 years in a row!
The newspaper’s vice president of advertising, Melissa Mason, calls the award a “prestigious accolade” because results are determined by the votes of readers. “It’s our pleasure to showcase the winners as the top of their class in 2017.”
The Apartment Community’s Martha Holloway notes several features that set the community apart:
1. Deficiency-free for more than a decade. The St. Francis Center for Assisted Living and Dammert Care Center have received deficiency-free inspections for more than a decade. The most recent inspection occurred June 2017.
2. Life plan community. A life plan or continuing care retirement community offers the assurance of care for residents, no matter their needs. The Apartment Community provides residences for independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing, as well as rehabilitation services, all under one roof.
3. Certified by the Alzheimer’s Association. At The Apartment Community, the St. Francis Assisted Living and Dammert Care Center communities participated in a 12-hour Person Centered Care education program through the Alzheimer’s Association. These communities received a certification for Person Centered Care Program completion and will continue ongoing education to further culture change and community development.
4. Certified by MUSIC & MEMORY℠. The Dammert Care Center and St. Francis Assisted Living Center are also certified in the Music and Memory program. This program, rooted in the latest neuroscience research, allows care professionals to use music to bring participants back to life, enabling them to converse, socialize, and stay present.
5. Continuing education. Charge nurses train team members on methods to provide the best care and cultivate meaningful and engaging relationships with residents.
6. Personalized care. Because of the St. Francis and Dammert communities’ boutique size, team members are able to provide personalized care and assure individualized programming for all residents.
7. Pastoral care. The presence of pastoral care links body, mind and spirit as they relate to the overall health and wellness of residents and families. Daily Catholic mass and communion, as well as weekly Protestant services, provide the stable religious programming that many of our residents seek when they join our community.
8. Natural environment. Enjoy 200 beautifully landscaped acres, including a rose garden, a waterfall, fountains and courtyards, walking paths, grottos, prayer gardens, amphitheater, and more, all on the grounds of the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows.
9. Nonprofit. As a faith-based nonprofit community, sponsored by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, our mission is to support the lives of our residents, their families and our community.
10. Amenities. Learn Tai Chi, improve your computer skills, play in the Rhythm Band, work out in our fitness center, travel to nearby attractions…there’s always something to do and learn at The Apartment Community.
At the Apartment Community of Our Lady of the Snows, as noted on our website, we live out the spirit and values of our founders, the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
Learn more about how our tradition of affordability, service, and caring can support your or your senior parent’s health and happiness by calling us at 618-394-6400 or 800-533-6279 or contacting us online.