The Director of St. Francis Assisted Living is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for a premier assisted living community that includes goal setting, operational management, and long-term growth. This is a challenging, exciting and evolving role with the following key responsibilities:
- Assess organizational performance against annual budget, established quality metrics (e.g. resident satisfaction, health outcomes) in partnership with the senior leadership team.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the senior leadership team to make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Assist in developing performance measures that support The Esquiline’s strategic direction.
- Assist in establishing yearly departmental and organizational objectives with team members and in partnership with the senior leadership team.
- Oversee budgetary/operational planning and costs management in alignment with The Esquiline’s long-term growth plans, especially as the organization considers implementing new strategies and programs such as a dedicated memory care community.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically to assist the President in identifying new revenue opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery to include exploration and implementation of new licensure(s) as determined by service line(s).
- Ensure positive engagement of residents, family, guests, and team members by maintaining a welcoming, open-door atmosphere.
- Responsible for leadership and direction of all resident healthcare-related matters and service activities, to include implementation of The Esquiline’s philosophy of care, goals, standards for nursing practice, and the management and development of team members.
- Demonstrate effective communication, lead by example, and ensure outstanding attention to detail in residents’ care and wellbeing.
- Expected to establish and communicate quality assurance standards and perform routine review of records and practices to ensure that St. Francis meets the standards of care. Quality assurance includes clinical and service standards.
- Have direct responsibility for hiring, training, and supervising St. Francis team members to include: nurses and certified nurse’s assistants. Work in partnership with teams that work within St. Francis, but report to centralized departments: dining services, maintenance/grounds and activities.
- Have direct responsibility for the financial management of the St. Francis community.
- In partnership with the Director of Clinical Services, ensure regulatory compliance of the community by Illinois Department of Public Health license for Shelter Care.
- Lead the sales process, to meet or exceed occupancy and maintain a viable waiting list.
- Serve as a member of the Care Consultation team to work towards creating strategic and thoughtful resident transition plans as residents’ care needs change and lead to another level of living.
- Assist with developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general operation of the St. Francis community and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct, in accordance Illinois Department of Public Health and The Esquiline’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required. Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Passion for working with older adults
- College degree
- General Manager, Executive Director or Administrator experience within the health care industry required
- Previous management experience with direct supervision of a team of at least 10 — including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision, and disciplinary measures as necessary
- Demonstrated success in managing operating expenses of at least $1M annually
- Previous sales or business development experience preferred—identifying and building local relationships to drive business as well as effective product pricing and revenue maximization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small-group presentations
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Schedule flexibility to work weekends or evenings as necessary and serving on-call
- Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to learn new applications
The Esquiline, A Life Plan Community at the Shrine, is a faith-based not-for-profit community with three levels of living on one campus. At The Esquiline, we have championed the philosophy of ‘Live Your Best Life’ for older adults for more than 50 years. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for our residents and their families. At The Esquiline, you will make a difference and have an impact every single day. We are passionate about living our core values, established by our founders, the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
- Respect– Recognizing and valuing the uniqueness of each individual and treating others the way they wish to be treated.
- Wellness– Promoting and preserving the health of body, mind and spirit.
- Collaboration– Communicating and working with others for the benefit of all.
- Justice– Pursuing an atmosphere of fairness and mutual respect.
- Stewardship– Being accountable and responsible for the use, preservation and enhancement or our human and material resources.
- Hospitality– Maintaining a friendly, positive and welcoming attitude toward residents, visitors and staff.
- Quality– Striving for excellence while providing residential and health care services.
- Change– Being open and committed to creative ways to meet the changing needs of people.