CHANGES AT OUR
Nestled on 200 tranquil, wooded acres in Belleville, Illinois, yet close to everything that St. Louis has to offer, our nonprofit, faith-based Life Plan Community offers independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing care.
Here, residents of all faiths pursue active aging through wellness in body, mind, and spirit on the beautifully landscaped grounds of The National Shrine of Our Lady of The Snows. And now, we’re introducing a new name with a deep connection to our unique roots.
We’re pleased to announce that “The Apartment Community” is now “The Esquiline.”
Our name isn’t the only thing that’s changing. We’re undergoing a campus-refresh to include:
- 33 luxurious new independent living homes, to include 10 courtyard homes, 18-24 apartments in a new three-story building, and 5 rooftop apartments
- Beautiful, new and upgraded common spaces
- Expanded accommodations in St. Francis Assisted Living
- A brand-new memory care area that will accommodate 15 residents
- New and expanded rooms in the Dammert Care Center
The one thing that isn’t changing is our mission. We still offer the same unmatched lifestyle options, the same breathtaking natural surroundings, and the same connection to The National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows.
THE STORY BEHIND
OUR NEW NAME
In ancient Rome, Mary had a dream that a church would be built in her honor on a site covered with snow. She shared her dream with a Roman couple, who then shared it with others. Remarkably, one hot August morning, snow fell on Esquiline Hill, one of the seven celebrated hills of Rome. All Rome proclaimed the summer snows a miracle, and a church was built on the hill to honor Mary. The Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows celebrates this story, and our setting atop a hill on its stunning grounds makes The Esquiline the perfect name for our community.
PRIORITY MEMBER BENEFITS
Due to demand, we’re limiting the amount of reservations we’ll be accepting for our new homes.
Secure your space today by becoming a Priority Member. Priority Member benefits include:
- The unique opportunity to reserve your place in line for brand new apartments or courtyard homes
- Direct access to up-to-date timelines for construction
- The option of customizing your brand-new residence
- The ability to take advantage of pre-construction pricing
- First choice of apartment or courtyard home layouts, views, and amenities and service packages
- Exclusive member events, educational series, and meetings with The Esquiline President and senior leadership team prior to move-in
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PRIORITY MEMBER?
Becoming a priority member is easy and risk-free.
To become a priority member, a fully-refundable $1,000 deposit and a signed Priority Agreement are required. You will receive a Priority Number. Once redevelopment plans are finalized, Priority Members will be contacted in the order of their Priority numbers.
Priority Members will then be able to review the final floor plans, pricing, and details of the campus redevelopment. At that time, you may either put your Priority Deposit toward your reservation deposit on an apartment or courtyard home, or receive a refund if you decide not to move forward.
There is no penalty if you choose not to move forward. Your deposit will be fully refunded—it is essentially a no-risk way of keeping your options open if you’re interested in living at The Esquiline.
Learn More About Becoming a Priority Member