Discover More About Skilled Nursing Care at The Esquiline
What are the Signs My Parent Needs Skilled Nursing Care?
Skilled nursing care may be right for your loved one if they require an expert, licensed professional to provide and manage daily care. Examples of this type of care could include:
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Dressing changes
- Monitoring of medical equipment
- Catheter care
When you’ve determined a long-term skilled care center is what your parent needs most, it’s not uncommon to feel an emotional mix of relief, sadness, reassurance, anxiety, and guilt. It is entirely normal to experience a cascade of emotions within yourself.
Remember that your job is to ensure your parent is getting the right level of care for their optimal well-being and happiness – not necessarily to provide that care yourself.
Where Do I Find a Skilled Nursing Community?
The Dammert Care Center – nestled among 200 private acres of natural beauty – provides personalized skilled nursing care for older adults. Part of The Esquiline long-term care community, our goals are centered around service to others. We serve our community with the same spirit of compassion and kindness that inspired our founders, the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
Residents receive 24-hour oversight and care from licensed nurses, medication administration by licensed nursing staff, restorative therapy provided by full-time licensed physical therapy assistants, and more.
“Mom initially put off moving from her home for as long as possible because of the emotional attachment she had to the house. Long story short, she was losing motivation to live and was not eating on her own anymore. Once she moved into Dammert, everything changed–it was like night and day. It took some time for her to get comfortable eating again, but the nurses here were patient with her and encouraged her every step of the way and now she is eating regularly. I can even bake her cookies again like I used to! She loves the nurses, I love the nurses, and everyone here is just phenomenal. I had a hard time at first because I felt like I needed to be right beside her at all times, but the nurses encouraged me that she was in good hands, and boy, she was. She has regained her strength and attends Rock Steady Boxing and looks forward to taking Communion every day. She has made a complete 180. I truly believe the nurses here saved her life.” – Peggy M.
What is Life Like in a Skilled Nursing Community?
Residents of the Dammert Care Center receive around-the-clock, highly responsive care in immaculately-kept, spacious, semi-private rooms with unobtrusive emergency response systems. Our accommodations offer views of the surrounding wooded landscape, and natural light suffuses our common spaces from broad skylights.
With a high team-member-to-resident ratio, daily interactions between dedicated caregivers and residents often result in close, meaningful relationships. You won’t find it uncommon to hear residents and caregivers sharing memories and photos or simply chatting about their days.
What Does Private-Pay Skilled Nursing Care Include?
We agree with Pope Francis that older adults are the “reserve of the wisdom of our people”, and we treasure them. Our residents receive individualized care according to their needs.
Skilled nursing care with us includes:
- Personalized care plans
- Medical director and care consultation team
- Restorative therapy provided by a full-time physical therapy assistant
- Rock Steady fitness program
- Whirlpool bath and spa rooms
- Interactive one-on-one and group programming planned by a full-time activities director
- All utilities and cable television
- Delicious meals and dietary consulting
Our team members work closely with residents, their families, and Life Enrichment to provide resident-driven programming that supports their physical and mental well-being and sense of purpose. As part of this ongoing effort, we provide updated tools and continuing education for each team member.
Onsite Spiritual Support and Services
Additionally, all of our residents receive spiritual support, which includes:
- Pastoral care that assists in linking the connection of body, mind, and spirit as it relates to the overall health of our residents and families
- Daily Catholic Mass and weekly Protestant services to serve as a stable presence in our community
- Assistance to attend chapel services and other activities
How Much Does Skilled Nursing Care Cost?
As a continuing care retirement community, The Esquiline offers more than a typical skilled nursing community due to our individualized approach to care and our community environment. Our daily rate for a semi-private room is $247 on a private-pay basis.
Some of the benefits of our skilled nursing care center include:
- Expert licensed nurses who provide exceptional care, with a focus on cultivating meaningful and engaging relationships with residents
- Restorative therapy provided by full-time licensed physical therapy assistants
- Specialized on-site healthcare providers, such as for hearing care, dentistry, and podiatry
- A full-time Life Enrichment Team which conducts interactive group and one-on-one activities including certified music and memory therapies
Our counselors are available to discuss your loved one’s level of care, go over your financial questions, and help you determine the right residence option and care plan.